The application process for California QMEs

Cases involving personal injury and workers’ compensation often require expert opinion from a physician who can evaluate a claimant’s impairment related to a specific injury. The Department of Workers’ Compensation Medical Unit appoints QMEs (qualified medical evaluators) to perform these medical evaluations. The Medical Unit also issues QME panels to injured workers and claims administrators. […]